LATAG Meeting Minutes

LATAG Meeting MinutesIf you missed a board meeting, you can still keep up to date with the progress of LATAG by reading the board member meeting minutes. The Libby Area Technical Assistance Group meeting minutes are constantly updated when the board has a new meeting and are grouped by year. Click on the date you would like to view and you can read, print, email and share the latest meeting minutes with other community members.
 You can find all the past meeting minutes in the archives here.

September 17, 2010

  • Print
  • Email
Regular Board Meeting

Libby Area Technical Assistance Group, Inc.

PO Box 53 • Libby, MT 59923

September 17th, 2010 • Regular Board Meeting Minutes

(Note: bold items within paragraphs are motions made and voted on as well as action items agreed upon.)

Board Member Attendees:
  • Mike Noble
  • JoElyn Brus
  • Eileen Carney
  • Dr. Brad Black
  • Phillip Erquiaga
  • Donna Martin
Contractor Attendees:
  • Terry Spear
  • Tracy McNew 
Guest Attendees:
  • None

1.       Meeting began at 10:05AM

2.       Meeting minutes reviewed:

      a. Meeting notes from the July 2010 regular board meeting were not available.

                   i.   Eileen Carney stated that she would look for them.

           b. August’s meeting minutes were reviewed.

                                                              i.      Donna Martin made the motion to accept the meeting minutes with a few corrections of spelling errors. Eileen Carney seconded the motion. Motion unanimously passed.

 3.       Treasurer’s report – JoElyn Brus

    1. Current grant balance reported is $50,397.86; this reflects reimbursement #80 which was received on September 14 and checks were written.

4.   August’s and September’s in-kind contributions were collected from attending board members.

5.   Executive board meeting was scheduled for Tuesday, September 21st at 12:15PM.

            a. Grant administrator will send out an e- mail reminder. (Action Item)

6.   Terry Spear:

            a. Terry gave positive feedback about CARD’s research rally and the panel discussion that followed. He also spoke on documents that he has reviewed.

            b. Terry was asked to please review OU5. (Action Item)

            c. Terry and Brad Black discussed RFC, which when available will be a useful scientific tool to scientifically determine appropriate level of clean-up. It was decided that a letter should be drafted to the EPA asking when the RFC will be available and to answer other outstanding questions. (Action Item)

            d. Terry was asked to provide written reports on all documents that he has reviewed. (Action Item)

          e. Terry was asked to provide comments on the Activity based sampling report by the next TAG meeting. (Action Item)

7. Old Business:

            a. DC Orr’s concern about tarps on trucks was discussed.

                        i. Brad Black requested that DC be referred to the county health board since this is a public health concern and not a technical issue.

                        ii. Grant Administrator was asked to draft a letter referring DC to the county health board. (Action Item)

8. New Business:         

            a. Phillip Erquiaga reported that DC Orr would like Terry Spear to review an unnumbered memo regarding OU1.

                        i. Grant Administrator was asked to acquire the memo in question for review at the next board meeting. (Action Item)
            b. Brad Black discussed the need for a follow-up symposium with CAG that is on a larger scale.
                        i. Brad Black and LeRoy Thom agree to discuss planning this event in early June with CAG. (Action Item)

                        ii. It was decided that the next symposium should be recorded. Grant Administrator was asked to contact local media to find out if recent panel discussion was recorded. (Action Item)

            c.  Phillip Erquiaga brought up the topic of developing a relationship with a local homeowner’s association which was requested to him. It was discussed by LeRoy Thom and Brad Black who agreed that members of the homeowner’s association could attend TAG meetings, but that no formal relationship could be made since TAG is focused only on technical issues. 

9. Open Discussion (none)

c.       Review and agreement on action items

a.       See attached

d.       Next Meeting Scheduled - October 12th, 2010.  

e.       Adjourn:

a. Meeting adjourned at approximately 11:25AM

Vermiculite?

Libby Vermiculite Learn what Libby Vermiculite looks like and what to do if you find it on your property.

Learn More

E-Newsletter