Libby Area Technical Assistance Group, Inc.
PO Box 53 • Libby, MT 59923
March 6th, 2012 • Regular Board Meeting Minutes
(Note: bold items within paragraphs are motions made and voted on.)
Board Member Attendees:
- Eileen Carney, Secretary
- LeRoy Thom, Vice Chairman
- Mike Noble, Chairman
- JoElyn Brus, Treasurer
- Brad Black
- Karen Horton
- Donna Martin, Ad-Hoc
- Tracy McNew, Grant Administrator
- Meeting began at approximately 6:05pm.
- Introductions were made around the room.
- Meeting minutes form February 2012 were reviewed and unanimously approved
- Treasurer’s Report –JoElyn Brus
Balance is $22,350.15 currently and will be 21,277.15 after money is received from reimbursement 97. Tracy will clarify with Linda A. when and how we should ask for more funds.
5. Sub-Committee Reports
- Communications Committee- Phillip Erquiaga (Chairperson) – No Report
- Nomination Committee- LeRoy Thom (Chairperson) – No Report
- O&M Attendance Rotation Committee- Mike N./LeRoy T. (Co-chairs) – No O&M this month.
- Technical Advisor Committee- Dr. Brad Black (Chairperson) – Dr. Black updated the group that a letter was sent to the City/County health board as agreed upon last meeting. He also announced that the presence of pleural plaques as the health endpoint for does not seem to be in question by the SAB.
6. Old Business
- The newsletter is not done, Phillip continues to work on it
- Quarterly reports and FFRs also need to be caught up
- Reimbursement 96 and 97 to be submitted to EPA
7. New Business. (None)
8. Open Discussion
- A applicants were discussed. At this point there are two only. Quotes for advertising were discussed and it was unanimously agreed that a regional advertisement would be placed for the newspaper network for one two to three weeks. A committee meeting was set for Tuesday the 27th at 6 PM to discuss applicants since in the already placed local advertisements it states that the position closes on the 26th. It was discussed that someone with a strong background in risk management would be necessary at this stage in the cleanup process.
9. Action items were reviewed and agreed upon.
10.In kind hours were submitted.
11. The next regular board meeting will be Tuesday April, 10th 2012.
12. The meeting was ended at 6:45PM and the CAG meeting began at 7PM. EPA and DEQ reports as well as any special presentations occurred during the CAG portion of the meeting this month.